Monday, February 27, 2006

Two-thirds an Olympian

As some of you may recall, I am the one who planned to make three incarnations of the knitty pattern, Coronet. That didn't happen, so, zib, you're not alone in your flakiness. (:

My second Coronet, though, I am happy to report, was completed as the pattern instructs (with a fold-up brim) and looks great. Unfortunately, for me, it, too, is slightly pinky--it's more of a raspberyy color than the first painful pink one. The second will go to my friend in Texas.

The third, which was going to be for me, isn't going to get made right now. I can't bring myself to knit the pattern again. It's a fine pattern, it's just that I just knit it twice and I want to work on something else now. So, no gold for me.

I did start my Tempting, though, so I have some boring k2p2 rib in my immediate future: 14 inches of it before anything else happens! Yikes. It will be nice to have an article of clothing, though.

Congratulations gold knitting medalists! I shall admire your shiny goodness from the corner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bad Amy said...

Perhaps Coronet is jinxed. I meant to make a trio of Coronet as Christmas gifts and fell short at 2 1/2! Hmmmm....

9:48 AM  
Blogger littlegoat said...

How peculiar. I think I'll make it someday, because I like how it looks on me, but I might make a different cabled band on the third.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home