Tuesday, February 21, 2006

To Hell With It, I Say!

Actually, that should be, "...I said!" Several days ago I simply ran out of steam on my Olympic sweater, a bit shy of finishing the left front (which was the first piece I started).

I would have liked to make witty and valiant remarks about how I'm volunteering to be last, so the rest of you can win gold, or how it's the trying not the winning that counts, and other such blather, but in reality, I didn't like knitting the sucker. Plus, I'm wicked overloaded at work and my tummy aches in a viral sort of way and I don't have a TV to watch the Olympics on and my hands ache and tingle when I knit and whine, whine, whine.... but, naaa, I just quit. Poop, I say, with conviction.

On the bright side, I picked up a WIP-pish raglan sweater again, after I've left it hanging for years. Years, I say! How many years, I don't know, except I know I bought the yarn in 1999 (receipt's still with the yarn; that's how I know). I'm damned close to finishing the decreases towards the top, which means only the neck shaping and the collar to go and I'll be done! Woot! And I bet I'll have enough of the lovely Berroco Europa wool/cotton yarn left that I can make myself wristwarmers, which I need. So perhaps by Sunday at (what time does this nonsense end?) I'll have myself a lovely new sweater, which may even fit, and quite possibly a pair of wristwarmers.

I never was much of a team sports kinda person, anyhow. But you all out there - keep it up! You're doing great! Just four more days and you'll be a winner! If you're not already!

And if you don't finish in time, console yourself the way I did - ordered myself some Kureyon and Schaefer's Little Lola from Little Knits. Almost as good as gold. Which is a color I look lousy in, come to think of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Anything from Schaefer makes me feel better. :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger littlegoat said...

It's OK. I planned to make three versions of the knitty hat pattern, Coronet, but I think I'll only finish two. Oh well. At least we're not bickering amongst our fellow Olympians a la some speed skaters who shall go unnamed. hehe.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home