Friday, February 10, 2006

Switching events

I'm getting started on my Olympic challenge. The coach has advised me that I need to be more aggressive in my plans. It's going to come in parts:

1) Qualifying: Finish the clapotis that I started a while back. I started it as a birthday gift for a dear friend. Her birthday isn't until August, so I figured that I had plenty of time. But she has been going through a really rough time, so I want to finish it sooner. It simply can't wait until after the Olympics. I'm about to finish the straight section, so qualfiying should be done in a day or so.

2) Compulsory program: Finish the hat for my poor, neglected coach (er... hubby). Everyone got something knitted for Christmas but him, and he'd probably cut off my yarn habit if I started something for someone else but him.

3) Short program: One child's purse. (I can do purses in my sleep!)

4) Long program: One EZ Baby Surprise sweater. I'm probably the only knitter on the planet who hasn't made one.

The main goal is to do some Olympic sized stash busting! It seems the coach thinks that I've out-grown my training facilities. Don't know why he would think that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

You go, girl!!! Very impressive and comprehensive program!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home