Monday, February 13, 2006

Sidelined

On Saturday, I woke up with a bit of a cough that got worse and worse as the day went on. Sunday, I woke up with a 101 F fever. (For me, that's huge. I almost never run a fever, even when I feel like death warmed over.) I didn't knit much on Sunday out of fear of getting even more germs all over the clapotis. This morning, I went to the doctor and was told that I have acute bronchitis. No knitting for me today... I spent the whole day sleeping.

Now I'm worried. I was obviously sicker than I thought on Saturday. Do I need to worry about germs on my knitting? I can see it now. "Here's my gift for you, wonderful friend who has been going through a hard time." Two days later, friend is hacking and coughing and looking like crap on toast.

:(

When can I go back to knitting?

2 Comments:

Blogger wendy said...

ick that doesn't sound like fun! I don't know that germs can hang around on knitting, it's not a wet/warm environment. Personally I wouldn't worry, but that's me.

2:49 PM  
Blogger littlegoat said...

I think you'll be fine. As long as you do a nice handwash before giving it away, your germs should be harmless. Even without that, it might be fine. I'm no doctor, so don't trust me, though. (;

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so terrible. Orange juice, orange juice, orange juice!

Get better.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home