Friday, February 10, 2006

Short and Sweet

You're spared my usual long-winded posting (I don't have a blog) today, because Blogger decided it couldn't stomach my attempt Wednesday night to post. So, here are the headlines:

Yarn is bought. African Domino is supposed to be black, gray and white; I'm going with deep purple, bright blue-green, and accents of magenta. We'll see.

WEBS was fun. I won a hand-dyed silk scarf that matches the Domino yarn (it's fate!). And a chocolate sheep. And I bought the Spring Interweave Knits. I resisted all other yarns.

I got gauge, finally. Domino calls for size 2; I ended up with size 5. And yes, I washed my swatch - I'm using a weaving yarn (Harrisville Shetland), so I had to.

I have 9 Afghan for Afghans hats completed, and my friend Sue has [been] volunteered to come visit tonight and work on the tenth hat, while I knit along on Domino.

I clippped the cats' claws, but none of the other prep has been completed (laying in of groceries, buying wine, cleaning house, paying bills, buying Valentine's gifts, etc.), but screw it - It's time for the Olympics!!

One pic - the yarn, the scarf, the sheep:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

What a cute sheep! He looks delicious!

And the yarn -- gorgeous colors!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Mtwelovett said...

Nice color selection. It looks like the colors in the yarn I'm using for my clapotis, that is being put on hold for the Olympics.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home