Saturday, February 25, 2006

Progress!


I'm not sure I can finish by tomorrow, but I'm knitting steadily anyway. I've finished the back armhole shaping of my vest, using a method I've haven't done before--it's what Jacqueline Fee calls the Finished Armhole: you begin and end each row with S1, P1, S1, P1, resulting in a nice, even, finished-looking edge. And that means you don't have to pick up stitches and knit ribbing around the armholes when you're done! I wasn't sure I'd like how it looks and was prepared to rip back and start again, but I'm pretty happy with it. Thought I'd share a scan, for those of you who might want to try it sometime.

CONGRATS to all our gold medal winners! Your projects look beautiful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hillary said...

You can do it!!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home