Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pairs Free... wouldn't that mean there are no pairs?

Oh, my gourd... did everybody see Zhang Dan fall? If you didn't, and you're in a country that NBC allows to see its videos, you can see it here... I think.

The fall was horrific... but they had never landed the throw before? And are therefore insane. But they continued! And are therefore perhaps advanced robots, infiltrating the Olympics. But brave! And won silver!

And how cute is Tatyana Totmiyanina? So cute. And it was her that fell on her head in 2004! And "lay twitching on the ice"! That video makes last night's fall look mild. But their gold winning performance last night was breathtaking. Breathtaking.

And I'm past my 5th round of lus on the Setesdal baby sweater!

5 Comments:

Blogger AprilBrokenA said...

thanks Theresa for posting those links. I wasn't able to stay awake to watch it - I crashed early!

April

6:19 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

So they worked then! Excellent! :o)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

I think they had landed it in practice - just never in competition. One of the commentators last night said they were at about 40-50% success on it.

And I was horrified at the fall the Russians had in Pittsburgh. I doubt I'd ever get back on the ice after something like that.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

I cried and cried all during the rest of the Zhang performance. I'm not really weepy, either!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

My pelvic bone winced in sympathy ;)

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home