Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Oh no! I fell off the starting block!

OK, here's the deal-e-o. I was on vacation last week. Got stuck (in the Caribbean, poor me) by snow in NYC, and only got home yesterday. I brought yarn with me on vacation to make size-13 socks for my husband, but then found out while there that he really hates the yarn. In fact, he has no interest whatsoever in having me knit anything for him. So, on Friday, instead of casting on for size-13 socks, I cast on for size ten socks for my brother (also going to be challenging to complete in sixteen days).

Wanna know how far I am? I've done the toe of one toe-up sock. Mostly because I realized I love this yarn and don't want to give the socks away. I want to make them for me. But did I rip back and cast on for me? No-o. Because doing so would be changing the project *during* the olympics. And do athletes get to enter new events mid-olympics? No. So instead, panic set in and I have done nothing since, oh, Saturday evening.

Not even on the plane on the way home on Monday.

I'm in trouble now. But I am also re-energized by, oh, being away from the rum drinks, the pool, the beach, the warm Caribbean breezes, the vacation attitude. That, and reading all the stuff on various blogs about how others are panicking has really lighted a fire under me.

Here's hoping I don't go down in flames. Or at least, if I do, that they are Olympic Flames of Glory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

I reckon you should just go for it and make your own socks in the yarn. We won't tell anyone if you don't ;)

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home