Thursday, February 16, 2006

Making progress

Since I haven't posted since before the Olympics began, I thought I should check in and prove that I am making progress. I did have a few setbacks along the way. First, I had a last minute substitution of a team member, so to speak. At the last minute, I freaked out and decided that if I used the alpaca yarn from my stash that I was planning to use, I would be cutting it too close in terms of having enough yarn to finish. So a Thursday evening trip to the LYS resulted in the purchase of four balls of Lily Chin's Chelsea yarn. Crisis averted.
My next setback was that Friday turned out to be busier than I had expected, and I didn't have time to do anything more than cast on. Actually, the whole weekend was busy, so I didn't really have any time to devote to knitting until Sunday night. I began knitting the first row of the pattern, and the connector on the cord of my Denise needle broke! So I transferred the stitches to a new cord, and I was finally on my way.
Since then, it has been fairly smooth sailing. I'm close to starting the flat knitting section of my first I Do sleeve, and here is the picture to prove it:


Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home