Saturday, February 25, 2006

Gold Medal Winner!

I finished my blanket yesterday. I love the way it turned out.

BBBB100_0071

Pattern: Big Bad Baby Blanket from Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n Bitch: the Knitter's Handbook

Needles: Size 9 circular Boye needles

Yarn: Knit Picks Shine in Blush (8 skeins) and Cherry (4 1/2 skeins)

Modifications: I worked eighteen rows of seed stitch on the top and bottom borders. If I made this blanket again, I would only do sixteen rows of seed stitch.


I made this blanket for my husband's best friend’s baby, which should be arriving any minute now. They're going to induce labor on Monday if she doesn't arrive this weekend. I'm so excited to visit next month! Can't wait to see the little girl all cozied up in my creation!

6 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Whoo Hoo! Another Gold!!
This is a yummy version of the BBBB and I know it is destined to be a cherished gift!

7:07 PM  
Blogger monkeemaven said...

Yayyyyy! Looks great!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

It's so cute! I love the pink and red.

10:01 PM  
Blogger TrixieG said...

I absolutely love this blanket! I made it in a variegated yarn. I love how you did the two colors like that - what a clever idea.

Congrats to you!

5:17 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

BEAUTIFUL!

3:50 PM  
Blogger qweaq said...

1.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (wow gold) are cheap, (wow power leveling) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

2.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (wow gold) are cheap, (wow power leveling) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

3.
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (Rolex) are cheap, (World of Warcraft gold) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home