Wednesday, February 15, 2006

flip-up band gone wrong

Oh well. I picked up the stitches from Coronet's band all wrong. I honestly was trying to do it according to the pattern, but I somehow picked up the wrong way. So, this first one won't have the flip-up band. I did pick up the stitches with the wrong side of the band facing out, as instructed, but I guess I picked up off the bottom of that and I was supposed to pick up off the top? I'm not sure. I swore I was doing it right, but, no. Next time. This one will just have no flip-up band and a very strange purl row that shows on the outside after the cable band. Whatever. I totally meant it to be that way. That's it.

So, now I'm into about 8 inches of stockinette. I guess I'll probably do most of that vegging in front of the Olympics, because I can now concentrate pretty well when it's that simple. woot!

2 Comments:

Blogger kemtee said...

If it makes you feel any better, I frogged my first Coronet five times -- 5 -- before I finally got the schematic clear in my muddled little brain. Not to beat yourself up, please.

Heck, your really great kitchener more than makes up for ANYTHING with the band.

12:13 PM  
Blogger helen said...

hey now, shoulda consulted us sooner! you could've switched the right and wrong sides of the main portion of the hat and it woulda been alright. i mean, pictures would help us, but at least you know what to do next time!!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home