Friday, February 17, 2006

Down the Tube(y)

Made the back of Tubey and worked on both sleeves for a bit so I could try it on.

Too small. Way too small.

Thoroughly disheartened, I swatched 2 yarns in 3 sizes and started making a Pure and Simple Top Down V Neck sweater. I debated switching patterns all Tuesday night and finally decided it wasn't cheating since I only signed up to make Ye Dreaded Sweater, not any particular pattern.

So I have only CO for this late Wed. afternoon, will have to be the Knitting Ninja or some other knitting superpower to get it done. Why did I think the sportweight yarn looked the best?

I am beginning to see the appeal of big yarn and big needles.

I will make Tubey at a later date, thinking it over while knitting the 'new' sweater I can see what I need to do to make it fit.


And may I just say - Wow, reluctantmango! You go, girl!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Don't feel bad! What you learned from this you can use to make all future sweaters better. I'm sure there is a perfect-fitting Tubey in your future.

My knit in-the-round vest turned out to be too big and I had to start over. So I know how you feel. But hang in there. You just might have an FO before the games are over!

11:08 AM  
Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Aw shucks....

The first sweater I knit in the round turned out similarly... it fit, but as it stretched around me, it got shorter and shorter! Turns out I was knitting a tube top - who knew? Not I. Anyway, I wish you lots of luck on the new sweater choice - go you!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Good luck with your new project. I'm knitting a P&S top down crew neck! Their patterns seem to be well written and easy to follow.

Just keep knitting away - one stitch at a time ;)

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home