Friday, February 10, 2006

Diana stumbles out of the block!!

Ack! I'm working on the Hurry Up Spring armwarmers from SnB Nation. Got through the ribbing section of the first armwarmer, and NOW I'm in the second row of the chart and I'm blanking out! Has anyone done those before? For some reason the following instruction is escaping me, and no matter how I thought I was supposed to do it, it seems wrong: sl right needle thru next 3 sts as if to k, k through the front, back, and front of all 3 stitches. I feel like an idiot because it doesn't seem right. If I knit thru the fr, bck, fr of each st then wouldn't I end up with a ton of stitches, thereby making the next line of the chart physically impossible because there are no decreases? Do they mean slip the 3 stitches to the right needle as if to knit, then do the work on them? Do they mean to knit the 3 stitches together, then do the work on them? It's not something that is easily looked up, as I'd normally do if I had a question.

I can do socks, cables, fair isle, sweaters, etc.. but I'm stumped! Perhaps it's Olympic jitters.. Help! I"m sidelined from the competition until I can figure this out.
Thanks... Diana, the Olympian sitting in the folding chair watching the other athletes at the moment. :(

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Now I don't kniw this pattern, but from what I see, it seems like you do the increases thru all 3 stitches at once.

(Man, I know they are necessary, but these verification codes are killer on dislexics!)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Thanks for the info Sherry. I called a few friends as well, and posted it on knitty.com. Seems that the concensus is to decrease and increase all at the same time, AND no one really knows what the effect or point of this stitch will be.
I have trouble with those word verifications as well.. necessary evils. :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

An update. Found some great info on this project, from the SnB bulletin board. It's a conversation with the pattern designer, wherein others like me had the same questions. I had to frog my work and start over.. for the third time, after reading the conversation and realizing I was incorrectly following a vague directive, that proved to be false.. right from the start. Can't wait to finish these gorgeous armwarmers, if I can only get started!

8:53 PM  
Blogger helen said...

the effect, or point, is a bobble-kinda thingie or whatever. i made these things a while back. and it's quite a pain if you are in a fluffy/unspun part of the Noro when you do this stitch...my yarn broke here multiple times.
but you can do it!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger feminaformosa said...

Also, the chart legend for this pattern has BIG TIME errata. If you go to www.knithappens.com, you can look it up and get the corrected one. I tried to knit this at one point (cables ended up being more than I wanted to deal with right now), and just could not get the pattern to work until I went and found the errata. Argh.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home