Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Caved in

After mulling this over ever since I first read about it on Stephanie's blog, I finally caved in. I mean how could I not, when some 2000+ knitters all around the world will be casting on, on the same day, each with their own goal in mind?

I will (hopefully) be knitting a top down sweater in Noro Korchoran. I have only knitted one other sweater top down, and that took 19 days. This sweater is quite a bit bigger, so 16 days is going to be a challenging deadline to meet!

2 Comments:

Blogger helen said...

bigger, but isn't the yarn bigger?

2:59 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

To be honest there's not a huge heap of difference in the thickness of the yarn I used for the last one, and the Korchoran. The last one was also about 3 inches shorter in the body, about 2 inches narrower, and a V neck! And knitted partly when I had some time off work. So, for me at least, not being the world's speediest knitter, and working full time, completing this sweater in 16 days IS going to be a challenge!

Now if I was knitting this one in Jaeger Natural Fleece..... ;)

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home