Saturday, February 18, 2006

Argh!

Would you feel sorry for a member of the ski team if she travelled to Turin without her skis? Probably not. But I'm still hopin' for some sympathy.

This is a long weekend away from home in which I know I'm going to be able to get a lot of knitting done. I pack carefully--extra balls of yarn for all that progress I'm going to make (check), needles (US 5 circs in two different lengths--check), pattern (check), dang I'm doing good. In car on way to airport, I realize that I don't have my contrasting color yarn. It's Debbie Bliss wool cotton. Right, you read that correctly, a discontinued yarn. I'll never be able to get a ball to replace the one I left behind. My SIL is unable to Fedex me the ball (and yes, I was willing to pay for Saturday delivery to get it).

I'm stuck, only 1/4 finished on my sweater(and unable to make any more progress) until I get home on Monday. I considered flying home to get this ball of yarn. I want to cry.

Carry on, knittyheads, carry on for your fallen team mate (who still hasn't given up on a late push for the finish line).

6 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

I feel your pain. If I could I would Fedex the yarn to you since I understand the urgency!!

Hopefully you can rebound on after the weekend!!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Oh, I would be beside myself! What a drag!!!!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

So sorry to hear about this! UGH is right {{{hugs}}}

10:34 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

I'd be devastated, but at least you have somehting to look forward to going home for.

If it's any consolation, the Spanish team had all of their luggage and equipment go missing at the airport.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh no! Poor you. I'd be hopping mad if it was me. Still, hopefully you can catch up when you get home.

8:43 AM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Don't give up yet. While there's flame, there's hope! (That made more sense to me while it was a thought, and not a typed statement…)

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home