Monday, February 13, 2006

And they're off!

I can't believe how many people are taking part in the Knitting Olympics! I'm so proud to be a part of this group...

My Olympic event is lace. I've been training for this for the last year or so, casting on for lace projects, getting woefully lost in charts, and eventually throwing down the needles in defeat. This time it's different. I don't know if it's the creative energy of over 4000 knitters pushing themselves toward excellence, or if it's just that it finally clicked for me, but I spent most of the weekend snowed in, watching the Winter Olympics on TV, and knitting. Did I mention I'm knitting lace? With black Jaggerspun Zephyr doubled? Sure, I've had to tink several times, but I've found my rhythm, hit my stride, and the Flower Basket Shawl I've been lusting after for a year is coming closer and closer to completion! Late last night I finished the last repeat called for in the pattern. Poised to tackle the border chart, I made the decision to add a few repeats to the body of the shawl. Why? Because I'm having too much fun to stop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home