Friday, January 27, 2006

Hi Everyone!

I'll be taking advantage of The Knitting Olympics to get in gear and finally fulfill a request made by our shearer, Steve. Last March he gave me some very worn, large, felted mittens and asked if I could make something similar for him with wool from his flock. I've had the wool since then but have only carded & spun up a few hanks. For my project I'm going to card Gray Shetland, spin it up into a nice 2-ply worsted, (on a spindle/no wheel) knit the mittens, and felt them. I may card & spin up some Jacob he gave me too for contrast on the edges & cuff, not sure yet. I don't have a pattern yet, I should figure that part out soon. :-)
I'm going to do my best to finish by the 26th, when he comes to shear our sheep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Whew I am tired just reading that...you should get an award for what you have to do to get ready to knit :))

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home